Thursday, July 30, 2009

Week 9 Thing 20

Today I spent some time on YouTube.com In my searching I found many videos that can be used for library lessons such as book trailers, or celebrations around the world. These types of videos give students the chance to get a glimpse of movie based on a book and I hope that they will be motivated to read the book or series. As far as celebrations, video is excellent way to show what is happening around the world in places we may never get to visit in our life time.
Dislike- My dislike is that children cannot go to this site unsupervised. There are no restrictions on search content and anything may come up. I saw a Twilight video that was enhanced with voice overs that were ment to be comical but also used bad words.
videos I liked Twilight- www.youtube.com/watch?V=KYBF3HKzrmE
and Sesame Street: Cookie in the Library at www.youtube.com/W3ZHPJT2Kp4.

1 comment:

  1. TeacherTube is a better option for K-12 students and teachers.

    ReplyDelete